Experience a community of support
Principal Estimator - Transmission10/30/2019 Locations Hartford-CT; Westwood-MA
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Principal Estimator is responsible for the highest level of estimating work across the Eversource three-state area. Responsible for accomplishing major, complex estimating activities including commercial bids. The incumbent is a recognized technical expert in all aspects of estimating functions and may serve as an estimating team leader for major projects, groups of projects, or bids.
- Develops estimates for large major projects or suites of projects including FERC 1000 projects. (typically, over $10M).
- Leads estimate review process for competitive bid projects with the bid team.
- Provides expert peer review of estimates prepared internally and by outside vendors.
- Supports standardization methods of cost estimating templates across the three-state territory to ensure consistency and efficiency for developing cost estimates.
- Identifies and quantifies project risks and associated risk/contingency cost impacts and clarifications as well as coordinating the risk effort with the project team and the enterprise risk committee.
- Develops contractor or vendor bid comparisons.
- Supports cost estimating tools and databases development to ensure estimates are well documented and updated based on project actuals.
- Expert commercial estimating background including responding to competitive requests for proposals (RFP)
- Comprehensive electric industry estimating knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of transmission and substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- Lead efforts to develop collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Knowledge of Eversource’s office automation and information systems such as Power Plan, Maximo, etc.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word. Experience with working and developing an estimating system desirable.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project estimating, or similar is required. A focus in electrical engineering or estimating is preferred. An advanced degree Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in the technical, operational, estimating or engineering aspects of the utility/construction industry. Four (4) years’ experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Registered Professional Engineer is desirable (NH, MA, or CT preferred)
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor