Experience a community of support
Manager, Sustainability10/21/2019 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Responsible for managing high level, publicly visible sustainability initiatives and compliance work in support of Eversource’s green leadership efforts. Lead development, implementation and monitoring of sustainability initiatives and work cross functionally to ensure corporate targets for greenhouse gas emission reporting and reductions are met.
- Develops, leads and supports Eversource’s strategy which support the company’s long-term sustainability vision, mission and operating principles
- Responsible for broad-reaching, multi-year initiatives and near-term projects to ensure that Eversource’s emissions reduction work is communicated both internally and externally.
- Serves as a resource for cross-functional partners, providing guidance and support on plan design, metrics, industry partnerships and more.
- Manages greenhouse gas reporting and reduction initiatives, including leading and collaborating with other groups within Eversource to quantify, scope, track, budget and drive towards the company’s carbon emission reduction objectives.
- Oversees Sustainability Reporting, responses to different raters (CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc) to ensure board-defined metrics are met.
- Provides senior management with advice on and solutions to identify areas of continuous areas of improvement in the current sustainability program.
- Reviews and analyzes current sustainability, GHG and stewardship trends to be integrated into the ongoing strategy.
- Works with internal partners to develop a coordinated sustainability plan. Ensures sustainability principles are built into short and long-range business planning, capital planning and operations planning.
- Serves as a company spokesperson on sustainability issues; facilitates internal and external communications and visibility. Works with corporate communications to create and implement communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability effort and promotes broad awareness of sustainability initiatives, both internally and externally. Serves as liaison with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for growing avian protection and other stewardship efforts with other Eversource groups.
- Oversees compliance efforts, including facility compliance program for corporate buildings and work centers to ensure the requirements of state and federal laws are met. Works closely with operations, facilities, and other staff to ensure rules and procedures are clearly communicated and followed in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent managerial skills
- Solid experience with developing and implementing long term plans
- Ability to multi-task and must be adaptable
- Experience managing relationships and setting expectations with corporate groups/reporting
- Experience with utility compliance areas (facilities, avian protection, air reporting, etc)
- Highly motivated self-starter, entrepreneurial team player with strong teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to build strategic relationships and partnerships
- Superb communication skills, including excellent writing, editing, and presentation abilities.
- Detail-oriented with strong project and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple and fast-paced projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or a closely-related discipline or equivalent experienced.
- Must have a least 10 years of related experience with a minimum of 5 years’ sustainability experience preferred - front lines of creating and executing sustainability strategies
- Experience with management of climate reduction target planning
- Compliance experience, preferred utility experience
- Track record of analytic skill and policy savvy in sustainability
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor