Experience a community of support
Lead Engineer01/23/2020 Locations Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position has shared responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of the assets of the substation system. This position is responsible for the strategic development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance and operation of the various substations within the system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. In addition, this position supports others in the event of system failures, and the appropriate resolutions, in order to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other Engineers. This position is accountable for specific asset systems (circuits, feeders, substations etc.) or centralized with accountability for component assets (cable, relays, transmission lines, breakers etc.).
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews performance of engineers and other staff.
- Responsible for the development of material specifications for substation equipment working with represented engineers.
- Works closely with System Planning on Conceptual designs for new substations and renovations to existing substations.
- Works with Station Engineers from other areas in the company to achieve a common design for Substations and Substation Equipment
- Responsible for the development of substation engineering design packages for substation modifications and new substations working with represented engineers.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary engineering designs and the details, as necessary.
- Participate in meetings with various disciplines within and external to the company
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Works closely with Investment Planning on project justification and financial rationing.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- Assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
- Provide support during major storm conditions for system restoration.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years in utility substation engineering. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineering License preferred.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor