Experience a community of support
Domain Architect (HR/Learning Applications)02/06/2019 Location Westwood, Massachusetts; Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology in their domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understands how the domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within their domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics. Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and Enterprise Architecture to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture (EA) processes as the expert in their domain(s) and works with peers to align architects.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develop Standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
- Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas
- Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage their domain technologies.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Deep knowledge of one technical domain, or experience working with multiple technical domains. Demonstrate an understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into comprehensive solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of the technology domain architecture, including current technology and vendors, emerging capabilities, best practices and patterns, cost models, and management and operating model considerations
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage smaller efforts
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus
- Three to five years in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role
- A minimum of 4 years related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of the technologies appropriate for the specific positions
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:IT Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor