Experience a community of support
Associate Account Executive09/11/2019 Locations Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
- Maintains account contacts and other pertinent information for all assigned customers. Ensures data for assigned accounts is entered/updated accurately into automated (CRM) database systems.
- Enhances, shapes, and builds relationships and partnerships with the Company's most complex assigned customers, including community and business leaders. Develops multiple points of contact and relationships with assigned customers.
- Gathers information; probes and analyzes assigned customer needs; diagnoses customer service or equipment problems. Serves as team leader to create and provide customized options and solutions. Recommends priorities on how company resources will be allocated. Prepares and presents options and solutions to gain customer commitment. Arranges for the implementation of customer solutions and follow‑up; provides technical assistance as needed.
- Assists Strategic Accounts Manager in tracking progress on meeting or exceeding Key Performance Indicators, while actively working toward accomplishing these goals.
- Actively supports Operating Company during storms, power interruptions or other emergencies. Serves as liaison to major customers and municipalities during emergencies.
- Participates in strategic teams as requested, to provide ideas and perspectives to improve operational processes.
- Identifies and develops revenue growth opportunities with new and existing customers; contacts potential new customers; initiates promotional activities within assigned division.
- Anticipates and proactively reports, recommends or initiates action to address situations or problems that may impact a customer. Interprets federal, state and local regulations and their impact on customer’s electric utility related activities with assistance from legal, regulatory and other relevant departments.
- Participates in a leadership role in customer, trade ally, professional, civic, and community organizations and conferences, as deemed appropriate by management.
- Takes lead with Transmission and/or Substation projects, with focus on keeping municipalities and assigned customers informed and updated.
- Assists Community Relations department with program activities as appropriate.
- Participates in support and monitoring of Company environmental and safety goals and initiatives.
- Must be available to travel throughout Eastern MA as necessary.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline, OR equivalent work experience. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
A minimum of 0-3 years of related experience is required in account management, engineering services, customer service, or other related industries.
Utility Industry experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Course Certifications and/or Accreditations, and Memberships/Positions within Community Based Organizations. Examples include: Association of Energy Engineers certifications, Professional Engineers License, Building Operator Certification, etc.
- Demonstrates and exhibits ability to work in a multi-task, challenging environment in order to meet requests and expectations of multiple customers and company objectives in a timely fashion.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills both verbal and written.
- Strong Computer Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and C2 knowledge is required.
- Maintains and demonstrates ability to build on current and potential relationships with assigned customers, public officials, and community based leaders. Demonstrates and exhibits ability to apply company policies and procedures, technical, environmental, and engineering expertise in the areas of customer relations and energy utilization requirements.
Customer Focus Anticipating and working to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Influence and Communication Understanding how the influence process works and using it to build support for ideas and objectives.
Initiative Taking independent action and going beyond what the job or situation requires.
Relationship Building Creates effective relations with all people inside and outside the organization.
Results Orientation Setting challenging goals, monitoring progress and making sure that results are achieved as planned.
Team Leadership Takes personal responsibility for ensuring successful achievement for overall group accountabilities.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, writing, typing and communicating.
- Job can require visits to customer sites (office environments, electric vaults/rooms/switch yards, outside locations and hard hat areas) which may include driving or using public transportation.
- Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure.
- Facilitates a construction meeting at a construction site, meets commercial and industrial customer to discuss rates, explain bills, offer suggestions for more efficient use of energy.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor