Experience a community of support
Supervisor Material Logistics02/28/2019 Locations Southborough-MA
Job Description Summary:
The Supervisor, Materials Logistics leads, directs and supervises Eversource employees engaged in the receipt, control and delivery of materials and equipment to the operating areas. This position is responsible for the control of the Company’s inventory and accountable for ensuring the proper records of all transactions affecting these assets. This supervisory position is also responsible for prioritizing work and schedules to ensure commitments to the operating areas are met. The Materials Logistics Supervisor position ensures work practices meet Company, regulatory and safety standards.
- Provides leadership and supervises assigned staff to coordinate warehousing, trucking, crane operation and other activities to ensure the receipt, control and delivery of materials and equipment.
- Manages organization by planning daily operational schedules and assigning work in order to meet the needs of the operating groups.
- Supervise and oversee work of assigned staff and provide guidance in the resolution of problems both internal and external by influencing change with business partners and/or immediate staff.
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts by evaluating, developing and recommending changes in methods, procedures and work practices and implement upon approval.
- Provides leadership and direction by ensuring assigned staff understands, and adheres to, business area work practices, procedures, rules and regulations, as well as corporate policies.
- Interviews and recommends candidates for employment and termination.
- Oversees contractors and provides management for selected projects.
- Maintains accurate records concerning the receipt, storage, inventory and delivery of material and equipment.
- Provides exceptional customer service in collaboration with other supervisors and managers, ensuring that emergency storm plans are in place to support the timely restoration of customer outages across all 3 states.
- Leads projects and organizes cross functional teams to develop process improvement recommendations.
- Performs safety observations and administers safety programs ensuring assigned staff conducts daily tasks in a safe work environment.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires technical knowledge in distribution and warehouse operations. Ability to use PC desktop applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project). Experience with SAP or Maximo a plus. Strong written and oral communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, finance or relevant field required.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in distribution or warehousing supervision / management or related experience. Related experience may be substituted for education.
Licenses & Certifications: CDL A/B, state or federal hoisting license, fork truck, APICS certifications are desirable but not required.
Work in all weather conditions, indoors and out.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Procurement Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor