Experience a community of support
Senior Agent, Commissioning05/19/2022 Locations Hooksett-NH
This position has the responsibility for the development and implementation of plans and procedures for the testing and commissioning of highly complex transmission and distribution substation projects. This position works closely with System Test and Protection & Controls Engineering in the development of project test and commissioning plans with a focus on ensuring safety and eliminating issues and errors during the commission process. This position is responsible for commissioning of substation equipment as individual units (breakers, transformers, etc.) as well as overall project commission including controls, systems, relays, metering, etc.
This position also has shared responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of the assets of the
transmission/distribution system. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of system failures, and
the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. This
position shares accountability with peers in the development, and design of the organization’s
Life Cycle Plan, a comprehensive long-term plan for the transmission/distribution system.
- Responsible for ensuring complex substation projects are tested and commissioned in accordance with industry and Eversource standards with a focus on safety and maintaining system reliability
- Responsible for assisting in the development of standards and procedures for the test and commissioning of substation projects.
- Collaborates with Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions relating to project commissioning.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system including reliability
analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development and management of a preventive maintenance optimization program
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities,
and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Works closely with Investment Planning on project justification and financial rationing.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- May assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
- Electrical engineering knowledge with a focus on substation project testing and commissioning.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in utility distribution/transmission substation testing/commissioning.
Licenses & Certifications: Valid CT/MA/NH driver’s license
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed in both office and utility substation environments which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.