Experience a community of support
Supervisor Gas Meter Services (Plymouth/New Bedford, MA)06/07/2019 Locations Plymouth-MA; New Bedford-MA
Job Description Summary:
This position ensures that we provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound gas service ensuring high quality operating standards. Supervisors are responsible for planning; scheduling and inspecting the work of employees engaged in installation and maintenance of meters, company piping and work on customer premises. This position also inspects the work performed by contractors on piping and appliances. This is a first level supervisory position responsible for the direction of non-exempt employees.
This position is multi-faceted with responsibilities including work planning and coordination, scheduling, emergency response, execution of fieldwork activities, performance measurement, coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. This position supervises multi-skilled work crews engaged in the execution of processes to maintain and provide customer service within the Eversource Gas Service territory.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas and fostering relationships within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with labor contracts and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action as required.
- Communicates with customers and community officials concerning all aspects of operations and service delivery.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, conducting effective safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are understood and followed.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for a high quality of workmanship. Provides employee feedback and seeks to enhance performance and enhance safety.
- Identifies, develops and implements work processes and practice improvements
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans for scheduling of resources, materials requirements, coordinates activities with customers, constituents and company departments for optimal resource utilization.
Technical Knowledge/Skills:Must pass Operator Qualification tests related to job. Thorough knowledge of gas distribution system, production plant operation, metering regulations and gas-fired equipment. Thorough knowledge of construction, operating and maintenance practices, procedures, and standards. Working knowledge of applicable governmental, legal and regulatory codes affecting natural gas distribution, production and metering and service activities. Working knowledge of schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams, working knowledge of accounting and business procedures. Ability to operate computers. Demonstrated ability to analyze gas distribution and production problems, determine solutions and take corrective action. Working knowledge of the Company-Union contract. Demonstrated leadership abilities, including ability to effectively provide work direction to assigned personnel according to established work practices, safety standards, and within provisions of applicable Company—Union Agreement and Eversource policies. Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Education/Experience: High School diploma, Minimum of five (5) years in field service, utility operations or technical discipline with supervisory and/or customer service experience. Or, Associate’s degree in applied sciences or the equivalent plus 5 years related experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certification: None
Please include a resume with your application
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor