Experience a community of support
Response Specialist- Line04/30/2023 Locations Hartford-CT; Danielson-CT; East Hampton-CT; Tolland-CT
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
ZONE 1 - Hartford
THIS IS A FULLY QUALIFIED LINE MECHANIC POSITION
The position will require working both indoors and outdoors, and at times under adverse weather conditions. The selected candidate must meet the physical requirements as required by medical placement examination(s); an agility assessment may be required, This is a shift position therefore various work schedules will be required.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, clearing faulty and unsafe conditions, including maintaining or restoring electrical service, by temporary or permanent means to include bracing/lashing poles, securing pole tops, floating conductors, extending secondary, or as described below listed duties.
The below illustrative duties will be performed as a single-person crew or as a multi-person crew as dictated by the task and applicable work methods:
1. Clearing faulty and unsafe conditions, including maintaining or restoring electrical service by temporary or permanent means;
2. Operate primary and secondary fault locating equipment on URD systems in order to isolate the faulted equipment and restore the customers. This includes all URD/DB single phase systems and three-phase radials.
3. Operate switching and control devices on both the overhead and underground systems.:(pad mounted equipment
4. Connect, disconnect, and operate portable transformers, generators, and temporary primary jumpers under emergency or urgent conditions;
5. Replace transformers with assistance of other qualified employee(s);
6. Replace damaged or faulty equipment during the initial response;
7. Perform streetlight repair work including replacing defective bulbs, photocells, and heads along with new installations.
8. Install and remove minimal cover up as needed. This may include primary conductors;
9. Perform secondary overhead and URD service connections associated with connecting customers, including new customer connections;
10. Perform overhead distribution system line patrols
11. Perform URD and overhead equipment inspections;
12. Make current and voltage measurements, as required;
13. Determine and record causes of failures and communicate the findings to the SOC;
14. Communicate the status of outages to the SOC – on-site, restoration projections, ETRs, etc.;
15. Investigate customer concerns, communicate with customer when needed to provide information;
16. Investigate and correct complaints of interference to telephone, radio, or television reception;
17. Document and submit required records and reports associated with trouble, line patrols, equipment inspections, and other related work;
18. Utilize mobile data terminals as instructed.
19. Operate GOABs that Line Mechanics operate (excluding GOABs with keyed interlock systems), reclosers and cutouts when needed, as well as other equipment that Line Mechanics currently operate.
20. External substation inspections.
A high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver's license, and the ability to obtain/maintain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) are required.
Response Specialist Classification will be retained for a period of three years from the date of transfer, and will not be entitled to apply for posted job openings outside the RSO during this period.
Bargaining unit employees under the TEAL contract will be given first consideration, please submit a resume along with your application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.