Experience a community of support
Engineer10/15/2018 Location Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for evaluating solutions to specific Transmission and Distribution needs. In addition, the individual will support established three state committees as part of the life cycle process improvements.
- Review and evaluate the technical merit of solutions to specific transmission and distributions needs
- Support the Eversource Solution Design Committee (SDC)
- Support competency development in emerging transmission competitive environment as it relates to project solution development
- Develop project approval tracking database in support of SDC to ensure timely approval and handoffs
- Support project quality assurance processes that evaluates all aspect of the project life-cycle
- Serve as Liaison between engineering, finance, project management, siting, transmission and distribution operations to maximize efficiency of the project life cycle process
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Strong leadership, facilitation and communication skills (including written, oral, and public speaking) required, with extensive knowledge in electric industry compliance and regulatory affairs.
Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering. An electrical engineering degree is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor