Experience a community of support
Associate Engineer06/25/2019 Locations Hartford-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Support of Capital Investment Program:
- Support in drafting documents for the initiation of projects including estimates, project justifications and scopes, full project initiation submittals, drawings, photographs, etc.
- Support of the design of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD and associated software.
- Development of siting and permitting technical details including drawings and public presentations. To be followed by support of siting in permitting in public forums representing TL&CE
- Development and oversight of design details, specifications, material lists, drawing packages to be issued for procurement of transmission materials and construction of transmission facilities.
- Support the documentation of newly constructed Transmission Line facilities.
Support of Maintenance and Operations groups at Eversource Energy:
- Support the maintenance and operation of Transmission Line facilities on the Eversource System with engineering analysis
- Review external uses of Eversource rights-of-way against Eversource Standards
- Analyze data from the field about the condition of Transmission Line Assets and provide technical guidance regarding replacement and/or remediation.
- Assist other organizations within Eversource with information and guidance regarding transmission facilities. These groups can include (but are not limited to): Plant Accounting, Transmission Asset Management, Real Estate, Legal, Regulatory Policy & Planning, Governmental Affairs, Customer Service, etc.
- Knowledge of Transmission Line & Engineering civil, structural and electrical concepts
- Familiarity with Transmission Line Construction techniques
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Safety Code (”NESC”) and the Massachusetts DPU Code (per Chapter 220, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Regulations Section 125).
- Knowledge of the guidance in AISC Steel Manual, ACI Building Code and Commentary
- Familiarity with PLS-CADD and its associated suite of software products, Microsoft Office, Sag10, L-Pile, MathCAD
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. A civil/electrical/mechanical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable. An Engineering Intern’s License is desirable.
Experience: No previous experience is required for the Associate Level. Five years of previous experience in Transmission Line Design is required for the fully qualified Engineer level. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: A valid driver’s license.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor