Experience a community of support
Engineer06/12/2019 Locations Hadley-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Job Description Summary:
Individual will represent Eversource Western MA Engineering in the Hadley District with responsibility for the reliable operation of an assigned portion of the electric distribution system in the Hadley area. Individual will work in a team environment and report to a Lead Engineer.
- Identifies improvements and major repair needs on the distribution system for assigned Hadley area substations and circuits.
- Reviews daily interruption and trouble reports to determine if corrective action is required and analyzes projected deficiencies (voltage levels, overloads, reliability performance, etc.).
- Investigates power quality concerns for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
- Provides engineering support to Field Engineering Design for large load additions that require substantial changes to the distribution system.
- Understands and follows the Company safety rules. Ensures that safe work practices are followed by others and takes responsibility for the safety of self, other workers (internal and external), and customers. Considers safety in all aspects of assigned work.
- Provides engineering support during abnormal system conditions and emergency restoration. Responds when needed in assigned storm role.
- In addition to traditional distribution system analysis, individual may be involved with researching and drafting responses to regulatory requests, distributed generation applications, safety investigations, budgeting, and other items that support the overall operation of Eversource Western MA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
- a minimum of Five years of related experience is required. Familiarity with electric distribution system engineering, electric power distribution system construction, operation, and maintenance is preferred.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor