Experience a community of support
Working Foreman-Line12/16/2019 Locations Epping-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Individual will supervise line crew(s) involved in the installation, maintenance and repairs of the underground and overhead electric distribution and transmission system and oversee equipment, materials, and record-keeping duties to include completion of timesheets for crew members as well as tailboard documentation.
- Train, instruct, and mentor Lineworkers to ensure that safety rules and procedures are followed.
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are followed by all employees daily.
- Evaluate the performance of each crew member.
- Initiate additional training or corrective action as may be necessary to bring performance up to standard.
- Recommend promotions, demotions and discipline through proper documentation.
- Coordinate and schedule work assignments.
- Conduct tailboards and truck and trailer inspections.
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner, on schedule, and within budget.
- Provide first response coverage to off-hour emergency trouble calls and investigate, correct, and clear trouble.
- In the event of high trouble call volume, individual will ensure proper staffing has been accomplished.
- Individual will accept standby duty responsibilities throughout the year, which consists of being available via telephone and/or pager during this duty; accept temporary responsibility for Field Supervisor-Lines andSupervisor-DistributionLines in the daily operation of the Area Work Center in their absence.
- Work with emergency services, such as fire and police to accomplish a safe environment.
- Enforce Company environmental policies and procedures on each job site.
- Perform the duties of a Lineworker I (RG 34.5).
- A High School diploma or the equivalent and a combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Lineworker I (RG 34.5) is required.
- A minimum of three years as a Lineworker I (RG 34.5) is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory and a complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies is required.
- Must have the ability to become a certified rubber glover of 34.5 kV.
- A Commercial Driver's license (Class A with Special Trailer Endorsement) and a safe driving record is also required.
- This position requires mechanical aptitude, manual and finger dexterity, the ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and climb and work on poles and structures.
- To qualify for the position an individual must meet the requirements associated with standby coverage, and provide such coverage.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
- Will be required to work overtime when needed.
- Employee weight limit for this position is 300 pounds.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Area Work Center.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor