Experience a community of support
Senior Financial Analyst, Investment Planning09/04/2019 Locations Dorchester-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position completes the financial and economic analysis relating to investment decisions. Utilizes financial models to determine cost/benefits of specific line items in proposed operating budgets and evaluates the Net Present Value of cash flows associated with investment proposals. Working with field operations, develops operating budgets which are derived from the work identified in the Life Cycle Plan. Maintains active two-way communications with the Corporate Controller’s group. Works closely with Performance Management area to analyze and report against key financial and operating targets throughout the year. Develops analysis for large and small operational projects as well as various ad hoc analyses. Responsible for understanding the business, issues and opportunities and working with Company personnel in analyzing the impact of certain events on operations. The assessment of data will sometimes involve financial and economic modeling of information critical in evaluating financial, operational and business needs as they relate to the long and short term operations and opportunities of the Company.
This position will also research and develop new initiatives and assist with the communication of the analyses and associated strategies to the appropriate business organizations. This position will be the lead for all storm related financial reporting in Eastern MA and work closely with the Regulatory Requirements group to provide storm filing information as necessary.
- Prepares the financial/economic analysis of projects and develops financial models related to budgets or forecasts.
- Prepares the financial reporting for MA storms expenditures and regulatory requirements as they relate to storm filings.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis for spending decisions.
- Performs analysis to support activities in the planning function, operational effectiveness and capacity utilization
- Creates financial and economic models of various scenarios to assist with current and future business planning decisions.
- Performs analyses of business operations metrics requiring a solid understanding of the energy services industry operations and the Company’s facilities and operations.
- Responsible for researching and sourcing general market intelligence data and reporting data to various business unit projects.
- Analyzes budget, reports and forecasts and prepares variance analysis as necessary.
- Maintains computer reporting systems.
- Provides statistics for short and long term forecasting.
- Prepares special reports and studies, as requested.
- Interacts with personnel within and outside the organization including senior management, various corporate organizations and financial, legal and regulatory communities in order to complete interdepartmental projects.
- Works closely with their counterparts in Corporate Finance and Accounting, Strategic and Long Range Planning Groups and Regulatory Requirements.
- Engages in activities of professional organizations.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting methodologies & theories and the ability to apply this knowledge to detailed financial analysis. Demonstrated skill in financial analysis; preparing operating budgets and plans, and working cross functionally. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Access and Excel). Strong and effective analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to formulate recommendations regarding financial analysis problems, methods and reporting solutions preferred.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
Experience: Minimum of (8) years of related experience.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor