Experience a community of support
Manager of Electric Field Operations for Pipe Type Cable09/06/2022 Locations Dorchester-MA
Under general direction, the manager is responsible for the delivery of field activities for a site within a geographic region in order to carry out the operations, restoration, maintenance and construction of the electric transmission and distribution systems. Provides overhead and underground work crews on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis to execute these processes. This position oversees supervisors and multi-skilled work crews and clerical support within their site.
- Assists with the establishment and monitoring of goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the site as it pertains to the Pipe Type Cable Organization. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices for the Pipe Type Cable System and integrates with UG Transmission organization. Monitors operating and financial objectives and ensures alignment with organization and corporate goals.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective installation, operation, maintenance, restoration and construction of the underground transmission and at times distribution systems for the various sites within the geographic region.
- Oversees development of site staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches, and develops site staff. This is also heavily depended on develop comprehensive training for the OCIM Rate of the UG Transmission system and its Supervision
- Works proactively with Community Relations to influence district, city and town leaders and civic groups to provide a local point of contact and to enhance Eversource presence in the communities.
- Works proactively with Eversource Environmental to influence policy holders, city and town leaders and civic groups to provide a local point of contact and to enhance Eversource presence in the communities and meet Environmental regulations and reporting timeframes.
- Assists in defining and implementing a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of Electric Operations service level commitments, in collaboration with Human Resources and other Electric Operations managers.
- Assists with the preparation for, and execution of, restoration efforts in collaboration with other Electric Operations managers.
- Thorough understanding of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to effectively meet service level commitments.
- Ability to influence and lead people to assure teamwork and customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to work with many different constituents, departments, and varied skilled and professional employees to resolve conflicts as needed.
- Must be able to understand strategic and tactical business issues, and effectively communicate important corporate and customer issues to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, related discipline or equivalent experience
- MS in Engineering or MBA preferred
- Ten plus years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.