Experience a community of support
Senior Analyst, Renewable Energy09/11/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for managing Eversource’s energy supply renewable energy requirements.
• Sells the renewable energy certificates associated with various Eversource long-term renewable contracted energy supply arrangements into the New England renewable energy certificate markets and delivers the sold renewable energy certificates via the NEPOOL Generation Information System to the purchasers.
• Manages the delivery of renewable energy certificates from the Eversource standard service power supply providers.
• Sells, prepares contracts and executes deliveries of the renewable energy certificates associated with a fuel cell in Bridgeport, CT.
• Delivers Conservation and Load Management renewable energy certificates associated with various Eversource CT programs to the CT auction administrator
• Prepares and files annual Renewable Portfolio Standard Compliance filings with PURA.
• Conducts purchases of required renewable energy certificates associated with the Eversource Basic Service load and accept the purchased renewable energy certificates via the NEPOOL Generation Information System.
• Sells, prepares contracts and executes deliveries for Eversource’s solar owned generation renewable energy certificates.
• Sells the renewable energy certificates with various long-term contracted supply agreements into the New England renewable energy markets and deliver the sold renewable energy certificates via the NEPOOL Generation Information System to the purchasers.
• Prepares and files annual Renewable Portfolio Standard Compliance filing with the DPU.
• Prepares and files annually the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection Greenhouse Gas Emission Report.
• Conducts purchases of required renewable energy certificates associated with the Eversource Energy Service load and accepts the purchased renewable energy certificates via the NEPOOL Generation Information System.
• Basic understanding of New England renewable energy markets.
• In-depth understanding of Renewable Portfolio Compliance requirements in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
• Basic understanding of the utility regulatory processes in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
• Basic understanding of electrical generation system dispatch concepts.
• Ability to analyze data and information, determine relevant factors associated with each situation and calculate and process data in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Ability to answer data requests for regulatory bodies.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other Eversource departments on renewable energy issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively with legal staff regarding issues that require regulatory approval.
• Ability to interact and develop relationships with external business partners.
• Ability to work with the NEPOOL Generation Information System (GIS).
• Proficient at interacting with senior management and regulatory bodies.
• Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, database and internet applications.
• Proficiency in creating, issuing and evaluating RFP bids and executing contracts.
• Proficient at understanding and interpreting complex power purchase agreements.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, finance or similar degree is required
• A minimum of 5+ years of related experience.
• Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor