Experience a community of support
IT Architect, Security03/16/2023 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!The IT Security Architect (ITSA) will work as a Security Liaison to support the Operations and Real Time Systems (Operations-RTS) groups and associated technology areas to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of Eversource systems. The Liaison will succeed by working closely with Eversource project teams, Eversource Business Groups, and the IT Security team to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are in place for new Eversource initiatives.
The Security Architects team uses the Eversource Risk Assessment process to evaluate all projects and uses Eversource standards to mitigate risk levels to an acceptable level. New security controls and standards are established as part of this process.
The Liaison will also lead the security roadmap for IT Security standards and controls related to the Operations-RTS portfolio by working with the other IT Architects to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other Eversource domains standards and roadmaps. Understanding and communicating emerging and current security threats and aligning with standards, frameworks and overall business and technology strategy will help direct ongoing modifications to the security roadmap.
- Act as a liaison to the specified Business Groups
- Assist in developing roadmaps and budgets for the specified Business Group applications
- Provides security recommendations and functional requirements to specified business groups.
- Review project architectures and identify areas of risk or compliance concerns
- Coordinates and resolves complex technical security problems and challenges.
- Anticipates and prepares for emerging business, application and infrastructure needs, and translates these needs into security requirements.
- Runs and manages research and technology evaluation projects.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
- Recommend effective process changes to enhance Eversource Security Posture.
- Evaluate, test and select security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Assist with annual SOX, CIP and SOC goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Security Certification obtained within 90 days: CISSP or Certified in Cybersecurity (CC)
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in IT with at least 4 in IT Architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices, including many of these areas:
- SCADA, ICS, Identity and Access Management, Digital Forensics, End Point Encryption, Encryption Key Management, Database Security, Enterprise Directory Services, IDS, IPS, Next Generation Firewall, Application Firewall, Enterprise Password Vaults , SIEM or related information security subject area.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-171, ISO27001, or COBIT
- Preferred: Degree in Information Security, certifications like CISSP, Security+, or SANS.
- Preferred: Experience in Industrial Control Systems preferred
- Preferred: Knowledge of NERC/FERC CIP or Utility systems
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.