Experience a community of support
IT Architect, Security03/16/2023 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA; Manchester-NH
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The IT Security Architect (ITSA) will work as a Windows Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support the IT and Security areas, to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of Eversource systems. The SME will succeed by working closely with Eversource project teams, IT teams and the IT Security team to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are in place for new Eversource initiatives.
The SME supports the Eversource Risk Assessment process to evaluate all projects and uses Eversource standards to mitigate risk levels to an acceptable level. New security controls and standards are established as part of this process.
The SME will also lead the security roadmap for IT Security standards for Windows clients and controls by working with the other Security and IT Architects to ensure the roadmap is aligned with other Eversource domains standards and roadmaps.
- Act as the SME for Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, 10, 11, Future)
- Act as the SME for Microsoft InTune for device management
- Act as the SME for Microsoft Active Directory and GPOs for device management
- Coordinates and resolves complex technical security problems and challenges in partnership with End User Computing area
- Anticipates and prepares for emerging business, application and infrastructure needs, and translates these needs into security requirements.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
- Produce high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Be familiar with current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy
- Recommend effective process changes to enhance Eversource Security Posture.
- Evaluate, test and select security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Assist with annual SOX, CIP and SOC goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Security Certification obtained within 90 days: CISSP or Certified in Cybersecurity (CC)
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in IT with at least 4 in Windows engineering or support
- Strong working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices, including many of these areas:
- Identity and Access Management, Digital Forensics, End Point Encryption, Encryption Key Management, Enterprise Directory Services, Enterprise Password Vaults , SIEM or related information security subject area.
- Knowledge of NIST 800-171, ISO27001, or COBIT
- Preferred: Degree in Information Security, certifications like CISSP or Microsoft MCSE
- Preferred: Knowledge of NERC/FERC CIP or Utility systems
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.