Experience a community of support
Energy Efficiency Consultant12/04/2019 Locations Berlin-CT
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for providing energy efficiency project/program management services to customers for electric and natural gas energy. This position leads the development, promotion and implementation of energy efficiency programs to meet established goals.Regularly interacts with regulators and/or other non-utility energy efficiency stakeholders with an occasional support of regulatory interrogatories in writing or in public hearings.
- Provides direction to business partners, such as contracted vendors, and/or technical project expertise to customers and coordinates available resources specific to the procurement and installation of energy efficient measures, strategies, and systems.
- Responsible for review and approval of complex projects/programs, which require an understanding of extensive engineering analysis/calculations, implementation strategy for new technologies, or energy simulation modeling.
- Drives the integration of strategic activities between the customer, program administrators, advisory consultants and vendor/contractors.
- Coordinates the development of documents and plans necessary to meet compliance with regulatory filings and oversight of rate-payer funded Energy Efficiency programs.
- Provides guidance and support to junior Energy Efficiency Consultants. Trains internal and external market actors on energy efficiency program strategies, processes, and techniques.
- Drives and participates in the customer engagement process including assessment of resources, project management, facilitating technical assessment studies, conducting charrettes for long term customer planning and execution
- Executes the budgeting, invoicing, evaluation, and tracking of expenses and energy savings of assigned offerings; contributes to the development of RFP's for contracted services.
- Demonstrates proactive thought leadership within vertical sector through developing and designing technology implementation strategies / initiatives.
- Represents Eversource in national energy efficiency conferences and/or stake holder events (e.g. ACEEE, ASHRAE, ACI, and CEE).
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires ability to interpret energy efficiency / renewable technologies and services and understand their application. Requires solid working understanding of financial principals and the ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related discipline.
Experience: Requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in technical marketing, sales, engineering, architecture, project management or energy efficiency services. Experience and/or aptitude in customer service also desired.
Licenses & Certifications: Certified Energy Manager (CEM), PE, BPI, or HERs are preferred.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor