Experience a community of support
Associate Meter Operations Specialist11/22/2021 Locations Berlin-CT
Develops, maintains, reviews, and provides information in support of Metering Operations, Billing and associated departments. Troubleshoots a variety of issues related to the metering process and makes recommendations to leadership. Analyzes existing work practices to support effective field and system operations.
- Provides troubleshooting support on metering systems including service order systems. Performs data queries associated with metering systems and analyzes results.
- Provides analytical and technical support on daily work processes and metering systems, including meter collection systems, the Meter to Bill process, Meter Change process and Meter Data Management System (MDMS).
- Develops customer and regulatory responses and training materials in support of Meter Service Operations.
- Recommends and supports process improvement initiatives in Meter Service Operations.
- Provides analytical expertise to the Meter Services, Billing and other associated internal and external departments.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve and influence results through others both those internal and external to the reporting unit.
- Builds and maintains networks of key contacts across the organization facilitating organizational efficiencies.
- Participates in Storm Restoration activities as assigned
- Knowledge of metering concepts, operating procedures and associated metering systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PCs and computer applications.
- Working knowledge of C2,
- Advanced Excel with the ability to write Macros is also desired.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess strong communication.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must display initiative, accept responsibility
- Must have a valid motor vehicle license.
- An associate degree in a technical or business-related discipline or equivalent
- Two (2) plus years of business, metering, utility related experience is required.
- Experience with special emphasis in data collection, project management support or technical metering expertise is preferred.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.