Experience a community of support
Supervisor-Transmission Project Planning09/07/2018 Locations Westwood-MA
Job Description Summary:
The Supervisor-Transmission Project Planning will assist the Manager-Budgets & Investment Planning in providing the overall coordination of analysis and reporting of Capital budget performance for the assigned area. This responsibility includes overseeing the day-to-day analysis and assembly of the monthly report of "actual versus budget", the monthly preparation of projections and preparation of financial reports supplied to Accounting (monthly executive briefing), Operations executive leadership, monthly work plan reviews and to the Chief Operating Officer. Along with the Manager-Budgets & Investment Planning, the incumbent is responsible for the interface between the financial organization and the senior leadership of the assigned business unit. In addition, the incumbent is also responsible for assisting in the development of different reporting tools, analyses and other financial duties as assigned.
· Assists with the development, analysis and oversight of annual operating budgets and plans
· Prepares, monitors and reports Capital Expenditure results against plan for the assigned operating area and makes suggestions for course corrections
· Serves as consultant in the area of financial and goal performance to management and other appropriate system personnel
· Prepares, monitors and communicates monthly financial Capital Expenditure projections
· Provides consolidated financial information for the assigned operating area to ensure financial results are explainable and accurate and for inclusion in consolidated reporting
· Ensures communication through direct reports to operations management on a regular basis of any specific financial performance information such as “budget versus actual” comparisons
· Recommends and implements various cost-saving ideas related to the budget and internal cost management processes
· Supports the development of various regulatory filings and evaluates financial impacts of regulatory decisions and orders as they relate to operation’s costs
· Serves as liaison between the financial organization and business unit leadership in the area of financial stewardship, achievement of business unit financial goals and evaluation of course correction opportunities
· Will be responsible for supervision and oversight of staff
· Monitors all action plans and critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are being met
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Knowledge and experience of utility ratemaking theories and processes. Knowledge of utility accounting and finance. Knowledge of budget and forecast principles and processes. Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting and analyses. Demonstrated ability in managing operating budget and plans and working across functional / organizational boundaries. Demonstrated leadership ability.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or closely-related discipline required.
Experience: A minimum of 6 years of related experience required
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor