Experience a community of support
Supervisor, Electric Service Support Center11/23/2021 Locations Westwood-MA
This position works as part of the Electric Service Support Center team responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers, with quality, timeliness, and efficiency. Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service, for both residential and commercial customers. Manage, plan, and coordinate all responsibilities associated with the Electric Service Support Center; including but not limited to ensuring a well-trained and fully staffed organization, leveraging systems and technology to ensure superior customer service and positive ratings as measured by Eversource and J. D. Power. Individual will partner with the other Electric Service Support Centers within the Eversource service territory to build synergies, efficiencies, and likeness with performing work tasks across state boundaries and will leverage resources where possible, in an overall effort to provide superior Customer Service.
- Manages and prioritizes the day-to-day work activities of the Electric Service Support Center Team; including but not limited to developing work processes, administering policies and procedures, providing technical expertise and continuously reviewing staffing levels based on call volume, customer correspondence, and seasonal changes.
- Ensures the ESSC Team consistently obtains information relevant to the design and construction of service requests and responds to questions from customers; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, and licensing and easement requirements.
- Supports all efforts to ensure the ESSC Team is successful with serving as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Establishes and maintains relationships and continuously interact with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Receives and answers escalated inquiries from customers, electricians, town inspectors, municipalities, and other internal/external customers, and will be responsible for proper and timely response, resolution, and follow-up communications.
- Recommends, evaluates, and implements process improvement initiatives and influence the streamlining of work activities.
- Responsible for the overall success with the Customer Contact Survey results and any follow up activities and learning opportunities based on customer feedback.
- Leads the interview process for new hires and will be responsible for goal setting, mid-year reviews, annual performance reviews, coaching, employee development, and disciplinary action.
- Assumes lead roles in special projects.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred.
- Storms Work Management System (including i-Scheduler) experience is desired.
- C2 experience is desired.
- Individual must be team oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to interpret and implement numerous policies and procedures
- Must be capable of providing superior customer service
- Individual needs to be self-directed and will work both independently and in conjunction with the Customer Group Management Team
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical technology, business, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of related experience is required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.