Experience a community of support
Supervisor, Financial Operations, Energy Efficiency business11/12/2019 Locations Berlin-CT; Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the regulatory financial and business operations for all three states including but not limited to corporate budgets, accounting and reporting, regulatory reporting, key performance indicators and metrics, and vendor payment activities associated for the Energy Efficiency business in all three states. This position supervises the following (1) regulatory and stakeholder relationship management (2) budget planning, financial accounting and information management in all three states, and (3) coordination with the evaluation and implementation teams.
- Leads the management of internal and external stakeholder relationships, including regulators. Informs leadership of concerns and opportunities as appropriate.
- Oversees the energy efficiency program regulatory filings and coordinates filing issues with the relevant internal organizations.
- Supports the Eversource Legislative Affairs, Corporate Budgets and Accounting teams.
- Assists with the development of Energy Efficiency budget projections across all three states, assesses performance against approved budgets and coordinates modifications.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring that all Energy Efficiency accounting and budgeting information is complete, accurate and maintained in accordance with the Company’s’ Accounting and Budgeting area requirements, as well as with regulatory decisions and orders.
- Works with the team to ensure that management and non-utility parties are well informed through the timely issuance of reports (internal and external), all in compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements, and internal and external deadlines.
- Supervises the operation of departmental accounting including working with Accounting Group to ensure that all necessary accounts and cost areas are available. Responsible for the timely and accurate allocation and tracking of costs as well as confirming the Energy Efficiency deferral balance with Accounting on a monthly basis.
- Assists with monitoring compliance with filed settlements or other related agreements with regards to financial and data tracking issues.
- Assists with developing annual and long term plans for the evaluation and measurement required to quantify and establish the value of all energy efficiency programs taking into consideration energy savings, capacity savings and environmental benefits.
- Collaborates with peers regarding the energy efficiency plan as it is impacted by federal and state energy policy, new programs and technology, database system design and customer expectations.
- Supervises the work supporting the program implementation group in terms of the evaluation and measurement of new and ongoing programs and technologies
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires knowledge in the evaluation and assessment of programs and projects using a wide range of analysis and impact evaluation techniques including engineering and statistical analysis.
Knowledge of the electric and gas industry in either energy efficiency program evaluation, load forecasting, program planning and design, or engineering methodologies for evaluating energy savings.
Requires familiarity with energy efficiency technologies and their application in all customer sectors.
Requires understanding of regulatory processes and environment including the regulatory filing process. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access).
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or a related discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
Experiences: Minimum of eight (8) years related experience. Energy Efficiency, Accounting and regulatory or evaluation experience preferred.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor