Experience a community of support
Senior Energy Supply Analyst, Westwood, MA07/11/2019 Locations Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for actively representing Eversource’s interests in filings and presentations before Federal and State regulatory entities and interest groups, in supporting negotiations with commercial counter-parties, and in analysis of strategies and objectives of the Company to lowering costs to Eversource’s customers and maintaining the reliability of the electric and gas energy supply business.
- Works closely with Senior Management and other strategic outside parties in the development of Eversource strategies and positions within the electric and gas energy markets, to lower costs for Eversource customers consistent with reliable planning and operating criteria.
- Coordinates the filing of various pleadings before Federal and State regulatory agencies. Works with the Lead Energy Supply Analyst and outside counsel in development of positions and documents on behalf of Eversource.
- Assists with the process of negotiating commercial energy supply contracts.
- Develops relationships with external parties including regulatory agencies, consumer advocates and peer utilities to further the joint interests of Eversource and the external parties.
- Assists areas within the department (and other departments, as necessary) as a primary resource regarding the functions of electric and gas markets.
- Participates in NEPOOL and regional committees to develop recommendations affecting markets and/or reliability rulemaking.
- Completes economic and technical studies in support of positions taken by Eversource.
- Requires excellent technical, quantitative and analytical skills,
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Requires computer modeling skills on complex systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor