Experience a community of support
Senior Corporate Communications Specialist- MA, CT, NH06/11/2018 Location Westwood, Massachusetts; Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Position can be based in MA, CT or NH.
Senior Communications Specialist providing communications strategy and content for Strategic Communications, supporting, among other things, Customer transformation.
- Provides advice and counsel to all areas of Eversource Energy on the best approaches to communicating with their specific audiences.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate communication of complicated business and operational issues pertaining to both internal and external communications.
- Responsible for the daily activities associated with communications, as well as coordination of strategy on traditional media and social media.
- Supports the internal and external communications required by the business units in support of specific strategic goals and overall mission.
- Ensures the consistency and timeliness of company-wide messages.
- Consults with department heads to develop and create effective, informative communications which comply with company guidelines and objectives while meeting the operational business unit or functional area requirements
- Strategizes and brainstorms effective methods to engage, inform and influence stake holders. Develops, supports and guides strategic messaging.
- Provides communications support to specific business units and serves as communication advisor to these groups. Provides counsel and ensures that key messages are conveyed to the appropriate audience in a timely and effective manner
- Supports the development and implementation of the communications plan and standards (including social media, digital and public relations)
- Addresses the media relations communications associated with normal daily activities as well as unplanned operational events. Strives to position the Company and leadership team in a manner that enhances their reputation with all audiences
- Develops both internal and external relationships and identifies opportunities that enhance Eversource’s reputation for customer service and leadership in the utility field.
- Supports communication needs for Eversource’s leadership, utility business plan communications, town halls, speeches, internal memos and business related messaging.
- Mentors and motivates staff and responsible for ensuring daily and monthly publication deadlines are met.
- Monitors industry news about the corporation and its competitors and identifies emerging issues.
- Prepares and disseminates written communications through a variety of print and electronic outlets, including e-mail, press releases, news stories, social media, newsletters, brochures, etc.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Excellent communication skills, including written, oral, public speaking and editorial; Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent experience. Minimum of eight (8+) years in the communication field working with all levels of an organization. Experience should include advertising, brand management, community relations, corporate philanthropy, crisis and digital communications, employee engagement, executive communications and positioning, financial communications, marketing, media and public relations, social media and stakeholder engagement.
Please submit a resume with your application
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Corporate Relations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor