Experience a community of support
Program Manager, Engineering05/12/2022 Locations Westwood-MA
- Develops tactical plans for the group to ensure that the Company is operationally ready and in full compliance with state and federal energy legislation and regulations.
- Oversees the department’s projects through their complete life-cycle, from application to final project test and closeout.
- Analyzes, tracks and reports on department goals, SLA’s and other metrics as needed.
- Analyzes data and develops reports regarding projects.
- Tracks and analyzes engineering and project costs to improve forecasting.
- May provide direction and guidance to employees working on various programs
- Represent the Company’s interests at industry caucuses at state, regional and national levels in the development of rules and regulations, rates and tariffs, etc.
- May provide regulatory and legislative support, including answering interrogatories, and witness testimony as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of electric power system operations, utility regulation and tariffs, applicable governmental and regulatory laws, rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Business or Engineering. MBA or Master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of eight years of directly related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects: Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.