Experience a community of support
NERC Compliance Specialist07/09/2019 Locations Westwood-MA; Berlin-CT; Manchester-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position is responsible for ensuring Eversource remains continuously compliant with NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE regulatory requirements. Monitors Eversource operating processes and documents to ensure regulatory compliance, as well as coordinate compliance activities including identifying and implementing systematic process improvements. Maintains knowledge of current and future regulatory requirements and assesses their impact on Eversource. Consults with, and provides direction to, operating personnel regarding NERC, NPCC and ISO-NE regulatory requirements.
- Monitors NERC Reliability Standards of the Bulk Electric System, as well as NPCC Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program (CMEP), to ensure Eversource operations and compliance documentation remains in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develops processes, procedural controls and implementation mechanisms for achieving and sustaining compliance with all applicable NERC and NPCC standards and requirements.
- Consults with, trains and provides direction to operations personnel regarding NERC and NPCC compliance standards in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement to operations and reliability.
- Maintains a working knowledge of ISO-NE operating and planning procedures. Supports response to ISO-NE on compliance matters.
- Coordinates regulatory audit preparation activities across Eversource to ensure potential non-compliance issues are identified and corrected which includes support to preparation, critique and validation of reliability standard audit worksheets (RSAW’s) and periodic updating.
- Oversees the non-conformance process to document potential non-compliance to NERC standards, coordinates the evaluation of each occurrence, and tracks and documents the implementation of corrective action.
- Oversees and coordinates all on-site, off-site and self certification audits through the collection and dissemination of documents and interaction with Company and regulatory personnel.
- Oversees response and action items required to ensure that audits findings, NERC work management actions, suspense dates, required regulatory submittals are met.
- Oversees the storage of required NERC compliance documentation and evidence within the corporate database to ensure the material is available for regulatory audit.
- Participates in the NERC Standards Development Process to ensure the Company’s interests are addressed when new standards are proposed or existing standards are revised.
On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years in related activities, including previous supervisory and program management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and maintaining compliance processes, procedures, documentation evidence and leading cross-functional teams.
- Requires thorough knowledge of transmission and bulk substation design and operations, as well as a sound understanding of all FERC, NERC, NPCC reliability standards and compliance monitoring programs.
- Also requires proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management software.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor