Experience a community of support
IT Domain Architect, Field Mobility04/03/2019 Locations Berlin-CT; Dorchester-MA; Westwood-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
IT Domain Architect, Field Mobility
Eversource is seeking a Domain Architect to support the mobile technologies used by our electric and gas operations workforce. These technologies include ClickSchedule and ClickMobile for mobile work management, EpochField for mobile GIS mapping, SharePoint for mobile documents and iPads and Windows for mobile devices. These solutions support the operations teams that perform all work in the field including construction, maintenance, inspections, emergency response and metering. The solution has been well received by two business areas, with projects underway for the next two areas.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding both the technology and the business functionality to ensure that the technologies are properly implemented, fully utilized, and effectively optimized to meet the needs of the business. You will work with our system integrators and managed maintenance vendors to deliver these capabilities to new business areas and successfully transition them to steady state support. You will also continue to evaluate the technologies against vendor product roadmaps, competitive products, and market trends to ensure that the domain meets current and future Eversource needs.
As a Domain Architect, you will be responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve this domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understand how the field mobility domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to technologies or practices.
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics. Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and Enterprise Architecture to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participate in Eversource Enterprise Architecture (EA) processes as the expert in field mobility and works with peers to align architectures.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architecture and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develop standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging your domain technology
- Provide technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas
- Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage your domain technologies.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Deep knowledge of one technical domain, or experience working with multiple technical domains. Demonstrate an understanding of how the domains relate and can be assembled into comprehensive solutions that meet business and IT needs
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of the technology domain architecture, including current technology and vendors, emerging capabilities, best practices and patterns, cost models, and management and operating model considerations
- Experience in mobile products such as ClickSchedule, PragmaCad, ServiceSuite, or EpochField is a plus
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Ability to work effectively with business and technical roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and the ability to manage smaller efforts
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Ability to balance the long-term (big picture) and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes
- Team player and collaborative
Bachelor’s degree required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Three to five years in an IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert role
- A minimum of 4 years related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of technologies
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:2
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor