Experience a community of support
Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant, C&I01/30/2023 Locations Westwood-MA
If you’re passionate about sustainability, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and a clean energy future. In this role within the energy efficiency department, you will be working with customers to develop and execute retrofit energy efficiency projects. You will make a direct impact as you work to help customers and contractors provide energy efficiency improvements to Eversource’s Connecticut electric and natural gas customers.
As an Associate Energy Efficiency Consultant, you will support the development, promotion, and implementation of Commercial and Industrial customer engagement in new and existing programs as well as identify existing and new technologies that support energy-saving solutions for customers. Through your regular interactions with external stakeholders, energy efficiency contractors, engineers, and internal teammates from marketing, regulatory compliance and sales, your focus will be on accomplishing energy saving goals which also help to lower the state’s carbon emissions.
- Provides direction to business partners, such as contracted vendors, and/or technical project expertise to customers and coordinates available resources specific to the procurement and installation of energy efficient measures, strategies, and systems.
- Responsible for review and approval of moderately complex projects/programs, which require an understanding of engineering analysis/calculations, implementation strategy for new technologies, or energy simulation modeling.
- Manages the integration of activities between the customer, program administrators, advisory consultants, and vendor/contractors.
- Develops documents and plans necessary to meet compliance with regulatory filings and oversight of ratepayer funded Energy Efficiency programs.
- Ensures that all projects and programs are accurate and in compliance with regulatory guidelines - reviews project documentation and program applications to confirm all required and supporting materials is provided to fulfill program participation parameters.
- Participates in the budgeting, invoicing, evaluation, and tracking of expenses and energy savings; assists with the development of RFP's for contracted services.
- Facilitates achievement of energy efficiency goals by promoting demand-reduction initiatives to assigned customers/customer segments and/or programs.
- Partners with Energy Efficiency colleagues across sectors/channels, including Energy Efficiency Sales Account Executives, to set an energy efficiency implementation path and strategy for customer participation and energy efficiency program implementation.
- Requires ability to interpret energy efficiency / renewable technologies and services and understand their application.
- Requires solid understanding of financial principals.
- The ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Zero (0) plus years of relevant experience in technical marketing, sales, project management, engineering, architectural, or energy efficiency.
- Experience and/or aptitude in customer service also desired.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.