Experience a community of support
Senior Compliance Specialist- Gas Operation-(Hybrid)05/01/2023 Locations Westborough-MA; Berlin-CT
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full-time in the office.
Role and Scope of Position:
Under minimal supervision, responsible for coordinating the collection of compliance documents from Gas Operations and other stakeholders to provide for regulatory filing requirements and information requests from the Department of Public Utilities (DPU), the Public Utilities Regulatory Authority (PURA) and other State and Federal Regulatory Agencies as required. Reviews and updates information and ensures appropriate parties review in a timely manner. Develops and maintains regulatory focus and relationships with State regulators. Communicates with State inspectors regarding field observations and compliance issues. Coordinates responses to regulatory inquiries including NOPVs, Exit letters, Information Requests and other formal and informal communications.
2. Essential Functions:
- Develops and prepares responses to NOPVs, exit letters and other formal and informal communications from state regulators.
- Coordinates and tracks the development Compliance Agreement action items.
- Supports monitoring for proposed new and revised State and Federal regulations. Develops summary updates to gas leadership with potential impacts to gas operations.
- Responsible for driving the implementation of Compliance initiatives, including the development and maintenance of an internal customer focused working relationship with Operations, Engineering, Construction, Legal and Regulatory.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends ways to improve compliance processes and procedures
- Maintains an awareness of how compliance initiatives impact capital and O&M budgets and recommends best cost alternatives to meet budgetary constraints
- Coordinates Commission and internal audits and assists with the development and the implementation of corrective actions and preventative strategies to eliminate repeat offenses
- Builds, promotes and enhances collaborative relationships with Massachusetts Department of Public Utility Staff industry associations, company affiliates and other potential business partners
- Participate in Integrity Management programs in the threat review process, the identification and prioritization of the State Risks (and Risk Register).
- Participates in revisions and updates of company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of field operations and state specific Policies & Procedures, state and federal regulations (specifically DOT Pipeline safety regulations 192). Experience using/referencing Operations policies and procedures to interpret, clarify and problem solve.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills that result in clear, concise and positive communications.
- Demonstrated good organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience interpreting DOT Pipeline Safety Regulations 190, 191, 193, and 199, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years operations experience in natural gas distribution field operations or equivalent operations and compliance experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary for this position is $95450.00 - $106050.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.