Experience a community of support
Engineer, Instrumentation and Regulation Technology and Compliance10/23/2022 Locations Westborough-MA
Responsible for providing expertise and technical support to the I&R Operations team. Accountability includes but is not limited to, public and employee safety, O&M and Capital budgetary controls, supporting construction and maintenance activities involving gate stations, regulator stations, and telemetry equipment. This position will require regular travel to offices and job sites throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut. The position also requires communication and coordination between multiple departments.
- Provides technical support to I&R Operations, assists with troubleshooting and diagnosing faulty I&R equipment and technologies.
- Identifies, explores, proposes, and supports the implementation of new I&R technologies such as equipment, tools, and processes in pursuit of increased safety, cost reduction, improved operational performance, increased production, and reduce environmental impact.
- Develops and assists in implementing manufacturer/vendor led training of new equipment and technologies for I&R Operations personnel.
- Identifies and assists the I&R department in the implementation of new processes and work practices as required by the Gas Business.
- Participates as a subject matter expert on the gate station and district regulator asset teams.
- Serves as a technical liaison between Gas Control, Gas Engineering, equipment manufactures, and I&R Operations.
- Develops, supports, and manages small scale I&R capital repairs and projects such as in-kind replacements or repairs.
- Solicits and reviews vendor equipment and service proposals for accuracy and completeness. Initiates the award of purchase orders and approves invoices.
- Facilitate compliance efforts by overseeing and providing technical assistance where required, including, but not limited to, identifying and evaluating program areas and/or any compliance issues, recommending solutions, and their associated cost estimates, providing training and education and oversight of compliance efforts as required.
- Provides technical reviews and comments for the I&R Operations team in support of complex project designs created by Gas Project Engineering.
- Develops preventative maintenance practices and procedures and identifies improvements to support the I&R Operations team.
- Monitors the I&R Operations department adherence to all applicable State and Federal regulations and identifies areas that require improvement in maintenance and operation procedures.
- Performs internal I&R audits to ensure regulatory compliance, compliance with internal policies and procedures, and mitigate risks
- Maintains and edits I&R site specific regulator station maintenance procedures.
- Participates and leads incident investigations for the I&R operations team related to I&R equipment failures and regulatory reportable incidents.
- Supports internal and external I&R audits, gathers documentation, reviews, and drafts technical responses to support the I&R Operations team and ensure regulatory compliance and risk mitigation.
- Reviews external State and Federal agency audit findings and prepares responses and/or recommendations.
- Assures that the department meets regulatory code compliance for gate stations, regulator stations and gas system instrumentation.
- Reviews and provides documentation and comments to the Manager of I&R Technology and Compliance in support of the development of operating, maintenance, and capital budgets within the I&R department.
- Assures that systems operate in compliance with Company environmental operating procedures.
- Strong knowledge of gas distribution engineering, control systems, I&R construction and maintenance policies, procedures, and practices related to gate station, district regulators and associated equipment.
- Strong technical writing skills and effective communication skills required.
- Familiarity with State and Federal codesand regulations affecting gas distribution.
- Requires a B.S. in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Strong background in equipment troubleshooting preferred.
- Prior Instrumentation/controls & Regulation experience is a plus
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be able to attend field visits in varying weather conditions.
- Position will require employee to become Operator Qualified (OQ).
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating, and documenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.