Experience a community of support
Director, Clean Technologies, Gas11/22/2022 Locations Westborough-MA; Berlin-CT
Responsible to represent and advance the Gas Business in areas of clean gas technologies. With a rapidly changing business environment, the Director of Clean Technologies will champion efforts that are known today and continuously evolving in the industry. The Gas Business is focused on safety, the environment and capacity for our customers as we promote natural gas as a safe, clean, reliable and efficient energy option to meet our customers’ needs. This position is critical to advance these fundamentals.
This position leads and is responsible for the planning, monitoring, and managing of the Gas Business’ advancements in Clean Technologies. The Director of Clean Technologies coordinates implementation of regulatory strategies and business planning necessary to ensure timely recovery and return on investments. The position leads securing approval for permits and licenses, budgets, materials, contractors and other resources.
- Leads the gas business in advancing current gas business initiatives related to Clean Technologies. Current focuses include advancing hydrogen, networked geothermal systems, Renewable Natural Gas (RNG), Power to Gas (PTG), Operational Methane Reduction, Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Strategy Coordination, and Gas Efficiencies.
- Works closely with Regulatory Affairs and Government Affairs to implement regulatory strategies necessary to ensure timely cost recovery of investments and develop partnerships and other structures for businesses outside of the regulated business
- Coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials.
- Leads and integrates studies analyses and planning in support of projects
- Responsible for securing approval for permits and licenses, budgets, materials, contractors and other resources.
- Directs and ensures projects meet pre-determined objectives concerning quality, technical specifications, reliability, schedule and budget.
- Obtains, directs, integrates and coordinates internal and external resources and ensures projects are delivered to meet objectives.
- Responsible for the selection of Eversource and contract employees needed for the project team required to support the project.
- Ensures all project work is conducted in accordance with the Company’s safety policies and programs.
- Collaborates across the business to leverage talent in multiple parts of the business
- Collaborates with other Gas Directors in developing a robust, consistent and fully integrated framework of work practices ensuring the delivery of service excellence and best in class processes.
- Ensures adherence to Eversource labor negotiated contracts, maintains a working relationship with the area bargaining unit leadership and effectively administers the agreement between the Company and the Union.
- Responsible for developing, and managing operating, maintenance and capital budgets within the department.
- Serves as Eversource representative in developing and maintaining effective relationships with committees, task forces or work groups representing the Company’s industry interests, such as the American Gas Association, Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities, Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control, Northeast Gas Association, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA & CT as necessary.
- Work includes analyzing, planning, organizing, evaluating and documenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.