Experience a community of support
Waterbury LNG Plant Superintendent08/21/2018 Location Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Eversource Energy (Eversource) owns and operates the Waterbury LNG Facility located in Waterbury, CT (Facility). The Facility consists of one 1.2 BCF LNG storage tank, a 120 MMSCFD send out system, and a liquefaction and pretreatment system capable of liquefying up to 6 MMSCFD.
The LNG Plant Superintendent will ensure that all phases of plant operations are un-interrupted and that the LNG facility is safely, reliably and efficiently maintained in accordance with federal regulations and industry best practices. This position report to the Eversource LNG Operations Manager.
The LNG Plant Superintendent must understand all aspects of the Facility maintenance and operations activities, will track and efficiently allocate plant personnel and general resources, will be responsible for the development and implementation of financial and performance reports and will work closely with LNG engineers and third party contractors in the evaluation and implementation of plant process improvements initiatives.
In addition, the LNG Plant Superintendent must understand all aspects of LNG plant security and regulatory compliance requirements (49 CFR Part 193 and NFPA 59A), plant maintenance and operation procedures, as well as the establishment of an adequate and regulatory compliant qualification program for plant personnel.
- Supervise the daily activities of the LNG Plant Maintenance Supervisor, LNG Plant Operations Supervisor and LNG Plant Clerk.
- Establish and promote a culture of safety, regulatory compliance, and environmental responsibility.
- Identify areas of improvement to maintenances, safety, and security.
- Collaborate with the LNG compliance Supervisor in the development and implementation of necessary training programs.
- Implementation of the Eversource LNG process safety plan.
- Ensuring maintenance procedures are developed, reviewed, and implemented effectively.
- Oversee the adequate evaluation of operational personnel to ensure they have the necessary core competencies to carry out operational requirements.
- Evaluate staffing requirements and propose changes when required.
- Communicate with federal, state, and local regulators.
- Assist when drafting responses to any facility information requests.
- Prepares, and manages capital and operations and maintenance budgets the LNG facility operations.
- Reviews and approves time and vehicle reports, purchase requisitions and invoices related to plant activities.
- Ensure that FERC and DEP reporting is performed within allowed timeframes.
- Ensure Eversource corporate requirements are communicated to LNG plant staff and that Eversource policies are implemented and followed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for Federal Energy Regulatory, Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration, and Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities inspections.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of LNG plant policies.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities.
- Ability to establish a culture of safety, reliability, efficiency, and compliance.
- Effective communication with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, engineering departments, human resources, federal, state, and local regulators, external stakeholders, and other Eversource corporate groups.
- Ability to clearly and effectively write, implement, and maintain maintenance procedures.
Education: Ideal candidates should possess (1) a Bachelor or Associate degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline or (2) equivalent work experience.
Experience: Ideal candidates should have at least eight (8) years of relevant process plant operations and maintenance supervision experience and demonstrable/verifiable knowledge of mechanical equipment maintenance requirements and plant operations best industry practices.
Licenses & Certifications: None required
Working conditions will include maintenance and operations plant supervision in a plant workshop environment with routine outside work for plant tours, construction oversight, supervision of maintenance and repair activities on Facility components.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
LNG Plant Superintendent will be expected to have an excellent knowledge of the LNG Facility maintenance and operations requirements such that he/she will be able to quickly, effectively, and safely assist while troubleshooting plant issues and communicate solutions to plant staff. As well as maintaining informed the LNG Operations Manager.
LNG Plant Superintendent will be expected to be in good physical shape and able to climb platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles necessary to safely navigate the Facility. In addition, the LNG Plant Superintendent must be able to become a qualified LNG operator.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor