Experience a community of support
Senior Engineer, Gas SCADA04/03/2019 Locations Waterbury-CT; Windsor-CT; Southborough-MA
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position manages and maintains all software and hardware for Gas SCADA and Remote Terminal Unit (RTUs) to ensure reliable operation. Implements and designs RTU programming to support field projects. This position is responsible for troubleshooting the SCADA system when problems occur to ensure uninterrupted Gas SCADA system operations, which is critical to distribution system monitoring and control. This position also requires evaluation and integration of the latest gas monitoring equipment and telecommunication options.
- Manage, maintain and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software.
- Analyze, research, develop, maintain and implement enhancements to SCADA
- Defines and maintains supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) data and definitions.
- Develop SCADA operational pages, create system reports and maintain historical and real-time databases.
- Program and assist in the installation of all new and upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications.
- Manage remote communications links (leased line, cellular modems, radio and fiber optic).
- Work with IT Networking and Security to maintain a reliable and secure Gas SCADA network.
- Provide reports and operational data to various departments and/or agencies.
- Provide training and promote innovation and participation in system development among users.
- May mentor and train SCADA team.
- On-Call support of Real Time SCADA system required.
- Storm Duty required.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires proficiency in Accol Workbench Open BSI, Modbus, BSAP, OPC, SQL Server, TCP-IP, Microsoft Access and Office. Proficiency in ClearSCADA and ControlWave Designer preferred. An understanding of gas distribution system operations and telecommunications such as serial, Ethernet and wireless preferred.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years related experience.
Licenses & Certifications: Eversource will facilitate training and DOT Operator Qualification certification for the successful candidate, consistent with Gas Control Supervisors.
Work is performed both in an office environment and occasionally at field RTU sites. Working in an office environment requires sitting, standing, kneeling and general movement throughout the gas control and server areas. Field work at RTU sites requires proper clothing and requires applicable personal protective safety equipment such as a hard hat, steel toe shoes, safety vest, safety glasses and hearing protection.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes significant analysis of system operating characteristics and diagnosis of system problems, as well as data comparison, data manipulation and report organization. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business decisions and results.
Number of Openings:0
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor