Experience a community of support
Director, Electric Operations10/21/2019 Locations Waltham-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is jointly accountable with other Electric Operations Directors for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to customers.
Responsible for the delivery of field activities within a geographic region in order to carry out the operations, restoration, maintenance and construction of the electric transmission and distribution systems. This position provides overhead and underground work crews on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis to execute these processes. This position also oversees managers responsible for supervisors and multi-skilled work crews within their region.
- Establishes and monitors goals, policies, plans, standards, performance objectives and budget for the Maintenance & Construction area. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement policies and practices. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns organizational and corporate goals.
- Oversees development of area staff. Responsible for developing a mindset of ownership and employee accountability for outcomes and consistent level of productivity and quality of work. Manages, selects, coaches and develops staff.
- In collaboration with other Electric Operations Directors, sets the direction of the system infrastructure strategy and systems operating philosophy including development of operating procedures and work processes and maintenance, construction and equipment requirements.
- In collaboration with Human Resources and other Electric Operations Directors, defines and implements a labor relations strategy that enhances employee productivity and enables the achievement of Electric Operations service level commitments.
- Participates in the development, implementation and communication of the life cycle plan.
- Communicates with customers and maintains relationships with regards to operations and restoration.
- Communicates and reinforces the area’s goals and objectives and their significance to the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Manages the preparation for, and execution of, restoration efforts in collaboration with other Electric Operations Directors and Managers.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires extensive knowledge of transmission and distribution issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline. May consider equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Experiences Minimum of twelve (12) years managing or supervising groups engaged in transmission/distribution or related activities.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Manages a workforce that operates on a 24 hour, 7-day per week basis in multiple locations. This will require visiting multiple locations on a frequent basis. Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for extended periods.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor