Experience a community of support
Senior Supervisor, Electric Field Operations08/23/2019 Locations Tilton-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Senior Supervisor, Electric Field Operations
Provides leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Serving as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors
- Developing and coaching other supervisors in various aspects of their role
- Authorizing re-allocation of resources in situations where conflicting priorities exist
- Driving innovation and change in business processes
- Leading area work center activities during manager absence
- Representing their manager at department, customer, and community meetings
- Accountable for the safe execution of field activities.
- Sets safety expectations with employees.
- Resolve safety issues/concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Communicate safety lessons learned and promotes continuous learning of safe work methods, practices, and procedures.
- Make decisions and prioritizes work to ensure the safe and appropriate use of assigned resources.
- Set clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance.
- Effectively addresses performance issues.
- Conduct comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Participate in pre-construction reviews and other activities to ensure the timely and efficient execution of field operations. Coordinates work with other utilities, other Eversource departments, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Ensure work complete within budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves time, expense, materials and other company records in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Professionally represent Eversource in Manager’s absence at department, customer, and community meetings.
- Eight years of related experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Previous experience in electric distribution is preferred
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of electric T&D facilities and infrastructure at both secondary and primary operating voltages.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers and related technology and have the ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- Must maintain switching and tagging qualifications
Licenses & Certifications: A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license is required. A CDL license is preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience required
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor