Experience a community of support
Senior Engineer, Gas Engineering (Southborough, MA) - Professional Engineering License preferred)12/13/2018 Location Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Acts as project leader and/or carries out assignments requiring mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas systems and installations. Manages a portfolio of gas distribution projects across a regional service territory. Analyzes system and customer needs and recommends/develops specific projects for implementation. Organizes and leads project teams delegated to their authority.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with full latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Gas systems include, but are not limited to, gate stations, regulator stations, SCADA systems, telemetry, large worker/monitor regulator stations, uprates, pipeline projects and bridge/RR crossings.
- Perform site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment. Coordinate in-house and contract labor with Planning & Scheduling and Gas Operations
- Prepare projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings. Evaluate bids and initiate award of purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Provide technical support and ensure compliance with field procedures, coordinates with Gas Control and oversee project startup or retirement activities. Redesign and initiate field changes as necessary.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity. Monitors and provides reports on project and departmental budgets. Provides variances from scheduled and cost targets as required.
- Mentor junior staff, review their work, provide direction or assistance to drive standardization and success in their projects/assignments.
- Review and interpret applicable federal, state, and local regulations and industry codes. Insure all work complies with applicable codes.
- Recognize and evaluate unsafe project, work, and environmental conditions. Initiate and/or design and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluate opportunities to utilize alternative technology in pursuit of cost reduction, increased production, and reduced environmental impact.
- Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develop and present project summaries as required.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
Provide professional engineer’s stamp for regulatory required projects.
Qualifications: Demonstrated excellence in project leadership, coordination, and budget management tasks. Extensive knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal regulations and industry codes. Thorough knowledge of computer applications systems. Demonstrated thorough knowledge of job duties and responsibilities and gas operating procedures. Self-motivated and acts independently with minimum oversight. Excellent interpersonal skills. Professional level oral and written communications abilities. A demonstrated strong customer service orientation. Proven leadership ability.
Education/ Experience: Bachelor’s degree in engineering and eight years of directly related experience. Professional Engineering License preferred.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor