Experience a community of support
Project Manager, Gas Operations05/07/2023 Locations Southborough-MA; Hyde Park-MA
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!Responsible for managing a regional portfolio of small / mid ($50k to $3M) capital construction projects. The role involves coordinating resources from Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Project Controls, and Construction groups to develop and execute projects. Expected to review project scopes and estimates; interface with external parties (municipalities, contractors); manage change; prioritize, plan, and track field execution of the work; monitor and control project costs; and contribute to reporting (internal, regulatory).
- Manages a regional portfolio of small / mid ($50k to $3M) capital construction projects (for example, aging gas pipeline replacements, reliability / system improvement projects, new business installations).
- Leads regular coordination meetings with resources from Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Project Controls, and Construction groups in order to develop and execute projects.
- Establishes project priorities and resolves conflicts when they arise. Holds teams accountable for deliverables and milestones.
- Assists in reviewing project scopes and budgets. May review invoices and change orders. Plans and schedules projects in conjunction with the Construction and Planning & Scheduling Departments and ensures appropriate availability of resources.
- Regularly utilizes Primavera scheduling software, PowerBI data visualizations, and company asset management software
- Monitors projects under construction in the field through site walks. Is a role model and advocate for field safety.
- Assists in the development of reports that are required for internal scorecards and for external regulatory agencies, (can include status, projections, timelines, contractor selections, etc.)
- Ability to develop and present reports within the organization.
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Project management experience required
- Ability to develop and present reports within the organization
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Business Administration, Accounting, related degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of related natural gas distribution, and / or general construction experience is required
- Knowledge of geothermal and/or distribution systems, gas construction standards and procedures preferred
- Project management experience is a plus
Licenses & Certifications:
- Ability to become Operator Qualified under the DOT Program
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- PMP Project Management Professional preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.