Experience a community of support
Project Engineer, Gas System Planning (Southborough, MA) - MA PE License Preferred12/13/2018 Location Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Gas Operations, Compliance & Risk Project Engineer provides a high level of coordination and support on specific projects and cross-functional efforts, collaborating with and often leading a team of professionals and working cross-functionally with Distribution Integrity Management Programs (DIMP) and Asset & Risk Management, Compliance Programs. The Compliance & Risk Project Engineer also monitors DIMP related regulatory compliance and best practices throughout the Gas Operations organizations.This position performs, or assists in, major/complex projects including the design, procurement, installation and testing of systems and devices that will repair, replace, improve or increase the Gas organization’s physical assets and provide for permit requirements and regulatory compliance.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Specifies and procures materials and equipment, coordinates in-house and contract labor to install and test new installations in a timely fashion with input from vendors, engineers and Company departments.
- Develops and maintains procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Trains junior staff and reviews all their work.
- Oversees the procurement of all federal, state and local permits and notifications required for each job. Provides technical and financial support to upper management for future needs and budget allocations.
- Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values. Provides direction or assistance in carrying out assignments. Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Designs gas take stations, district regulators, bridges and railroad crossings.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Provide professional engineer's stamp for regulatory required projects
This position utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design and develop improvements to the gas distribution network to accept new customers, maintain system integrity and develop long rang plans.
- Provides pipe size for all main piping systems.
- Performs studies for new customers requesting service.
- Collaborates with other departments/engineers on preliminary and final design of system projects
- Assesses system adequacy and reliability, defining the need, size, location, priority, timing and justification of major system projects
- analyzes load impacts on the distribution system and recommends facility modifications to maintain system integrity
- Provides long-term system growth and reliability plans and projects.
- Provides support to Operations and Gas Control on system integrity.
- Updates the gas system planning model and verifies the model vs actual system conditions
Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. Minimum of five (5) years in engineering. Requires theoretical and conceptual knowledge of discipline to develop and evaluate a process, procedure or regulatory requirements in the gas distribution business. Also requires an understanding of Company structure and business practices to implement procedures. Work includes calculating, comparing, editing, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, planning, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Professional Engineering License preferred.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor