Experience a community of support
Project Controls Specialist, Gas Operations (10/11/2019 Locations Berlin-CT; Southborough-MA
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
The Specialist performs project control (PC) functions related to cost and/or schedule and assists in the preparation of PC activities for various projects. Responsible for maintaining project budgets and reports, commitments expenditures and forecasts.
- Reviews, analyzes, and initiates corrective action in resolving difficult or complex invoice irregularities. Serves as liaison and meets with vendors, Treasury and/or Accounts Payable personnel to reconcile invoice irregularities and disputes.
- Collaborates with contractors/vendors regarding the review of project plans, estimates, costs, contracts, schedules and resources.
- Assists with the development and implementation of project controls and monitors procedures to ensure the achievement of project scope, schedule and cost objectives.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on project data and costs from various stakeholders
- Prepares the work breakdown and project coding structure for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contracts.
- Accumulates and compiles accurate cost management data to prepare the project budget and update the progress of the projects
- Develops, monitors, tracks, analyzes, forecasts and reports on project budgets, estimates to completion, expenditures, project progress and productivity, workplans and schedules and projects cost at completion
- Provides detailed project and program management cost analysis reports to Project Managers, Engineering and Plant Accounting.
- Evaluates and reports the cost impact scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommends corrective actions, as necessary.
- Reconciles project cost to establish accurate historical project data for future use.
- Evaluate and report the cost impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes.
- Prepares un-vouchered liabilities to ensure that all financial impacts are properly reflected on the company’s financial statements.
- Functional accounting practices and procedures
- Computerized accounting and purchasing systems
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Purchasing and Accounts Payable modules and corresponding processes
- Competency in Eversource's accounting methods and budgeting process and systems including, UVLs and Microsoft software, especially Excel, is desirable. Familiarity with the "Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge" is highly desirable.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s in Finance or equivalent discipline, Engineering degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience preferably in project controls
- Proven ability to effectively interact with technical, organizational, and maintenance functions to
deliver material project, program, or ongoing initiative results within an operating facility.
Licenses & Certifications: None required
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor