Experience a community of support
Manager, Project Management, Gas Operations (ARP and GSEP)10/02/2018 Location Southborough, Massachusetts; Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will manage a team of project managers focusing on high risk, large, complex gas projects in Connecticut & Massachusetts in a multi-external stakeholder environment to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget; and will work closely with management personnel in Gas Operations, Engineering Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing. Manager will lead and support a team that is assigned projects of complex design, GSEP & ARP mandated work, are multi-disciplined in nature, with multiple external stakeholders. In addition, projects are sensitive and have elevated financial exposure requiring direct communications with senior management. Manager will represent Eversource as the expert witness for state, community and other regulatory evidentiary proceedings, be part of the management team and is expected to utilize proven leadership skills to manage team member’s performance and develop the individuals through developmental behavior interaction techniques. Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Individual is assigned high risk, large, complex projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as major complex gas main installations or expansion projects, intricate gas agreements, projects of high financial risk, or assigned to manage a specific portion of a major project to support the Director of Project Management..
- Acts as subject matter experts for Project Management policies and procedures.
- Provide written and oral presentation to senior management, local and state governmental agencies and outside organizations.
- Provides expert witness testimony for assigned projects at state, local and other regulatory preceding
- Takes the lead representing Eversource at municipal meetings, homeowner meetings, or other interested party meetings.
- Provides guidance and advice to less experienced personnel and continually develops others in the organization to produce a more productive work force
- Manages performance of team members by identifying expectations, performance standards, and the use of timely feedback.
- Through knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
· Demonstrated, through experience, very high standards of professional and project management competence.
· Proven leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex projects concurrently.
· Ability to professionally represent Eversource at municipal meetings providing project overviews and answering questions
· Ability to provide expert witness testimony at state, local and other regulatory proceedings.
· Possesses highly developed communication skills, i.e., the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management and external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, government agencies and outside organizations.
· Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information and be sensitive to Corporate and Gas Business’ strategic plans in formulating project decisions.
· Ability to assess team member’s abilities and motivational levels and adapt to appropriate leadership styles to produce optimal performance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Master’s Degree is preferred.
Experience: Ten (10) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of Project Management experience
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Masters Certificate or Project Management Professional Certification, strongly preferred.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor