Experience a community of support
Manager-Dispatch (Gas)09/04/2018 Location Southborough, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Manager of Dispatch manages and directs all aspects of planned and emergent daily work assignments for Yankee Gas and NSTAR Gas field operations personnel on a 24/7 basis, including emergency calls related to natural gas odor and carbon monoxide investigations, service calls related to testing and repair of customer- and Company-owned equipment, as well as installations and removals of gas meters and associated equipment. The Manager of Dispatch is responsible for ensuring that all Dispatchers and Dispatch Supervisors are in compliance with established Standard Operating Procedures and company/organizational policies; and is responsible for maintaining a consistently high level of integrity and service.
- Manages the coordination and scheduling of all Service, Collection, and Dispatch function activities/work assignments.
- Coordinate with NSTAR Gas and Yankee Gas Meter Service organization and the Call Centers in order to efficiently and cost effectively meet customer needs and ensure maximum productivity.
- Develops, prepares and manages operating budgets within the Dispatch departments for NSTAR Gas and Yankee Gas.
- Prioritizes internal resources based on productivity and performance matrix.
- Responsible for improving processes and streamlining business operations and practices as well as maintaining reports and metrics for the department.
- Manages and provides functional and administrative direction to the supervisors of NSTAR Gas and Yankee Gas Dispatch center.
- Provides and coordinates training and guidance to Dispatch personnel.
- Ensure 100% compliance to established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop and implement process improvements to provide effective and efficient operations.
- Analyze order data for predictive schedule forecasting.
- Ensure that all critical mobile data, computer and communication systems are reliable and effectively utilized.
- Lead the team and work with other Gas Business Unit (GBU) departments to grow the contract service business and maintain excellence in customer service.
- Promotes team work among and between all members of the Dispatch organization and other internal groups.
- Provide leadership guidance and direction to staff; ensuring that employees have a clear understanding of performance expectations and provide feedback, recognition and counsel.
- Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and as appropriate, developmental or rotational assignments. Effectively promotes a continuous learning environment and encourages employees to pursue internal and external learning opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with police, fire, public works and other municipal officials in the various cities and towns served within the assigned area.
Thorough knowledge of gas operation/metering, regulation, and gas-fired equipment.
· Working knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
· Working knowledge of regulatory, legal and governmental issues affecting meter and service, field collections, and dispatch activities.
· Working knowledge of computer operation.
· Working knowledge of accounting procedures.
· Working knowledge of the gas distribution systems and procedures as Area On-Call duties required.
· Knowledge of environmental requirements as they affect operational activities.
· Understanding of labor relations principles and the ability to gain a through knowledge of the Company union contract.
· Must possess good communication skills and demonstrated managerial ability.
· Must possess demonstrated leadership and administrative ability.
Education: Bachelor's degree. Equivalent related industry experience may be considered.
Experiences: Ten years of related experience.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor