Experience a community of support
LNG Electrician Hopkinton02/18/2019 Locations Southborough-MA
Job Description Summary:
CURRENT HOPCO EMPLOYEES ONLY
1. Role and Scope of Position:
Eversource Energy (Eversource) owns and operates the Hopkinton LNG Facility located in Hopkinton, MA (Facility). The Facility consists of three 1 BCF LNG storage tanks, a 240 MMSCFD sendout system, and is in the process of installing a brand new state-of-the-art liquefaction and pretreatment system capable of liquefying up to 21 MMSCFD.
The LNG Electrician will support the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the Facility during liquefaction and sendout seasons by performing the day-to-day electrical maintenance functions of the Facility.
The LNG Electrician will perform testing, maintenance, and calibrations of all electrical equipment located at the Facility in accordance with the Facility schedule requirements. The LNG Electrician will also perform preventative maintenance activities for all electrical systems and equipment. The LNG Electrician will also troubleshoot and address maintenance issues identified by plant personnel.
- Support all Eversource Safety and Environmental initiatives.
- Ensure Eversource corporate requirements and policies are followed.
- Communicate effectively with plant supervision, coworkers, maintenance department, engineering departments, and outside contractors, as required.
- Assist in abnormal requests/repairs or emergency response after hours on an as-needed basis.
- Apply approved standards, procedures, and schedules to ensure the reliability and integrity of electrical plant components.
- Troubleshoot and repair 110 through 4160-voltage alternating current equipment.
- Obtain measurements and readings using electrical and mechanical testing instruments, including digital multi meters, meggers, amp meters, ohm meters, and phase rotation meters.
- Perform a variety of other maintenance tasks, such as electrical preventative maintenance, tagout/lock-out, disconnecting and removing motors.
- Install, maintain, test, and repair plant lighting and electrical equipment.
- Inspect electrical installations to determine maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Test and maintain electric motors, variable frequency drives, alarms, and control systems to ensure proper working condition.
- Perform annual maintenance of motor control centers.
- Develop procedures, repair plans, inspection and testing plans, and other electrical requirements to ensure compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and calibration activities in accordance with the Facility’s schedule.
- Maintain and follow applicable manuals, records, and reports for all electrical equipment.
- Clean and maintain equipment, tools and general work area
- Effective communication with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, engineering departments, human resources, federal, state, and local regulators, external stakeholders, and other Eversource corporate groups.
- Keep accurate equipment logs and records.
- Must be able to draw and read electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Must be familiar with electricity and electronics as related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment, electronic solid-state devices, circuits, wiring, and equipment in industrial plants.
- Must be familiar with tools and protective equipment and their use for work on, in or proximity to, energized conductors and equipment up to 4160 volts.
- Ability to learn and adhere with Lockout/Tagout programs.
- Ability to successfully complete all company sponsored training programs.
- Ability to understand and implement maintenance procedures.
Education: Ideal candidates should possess a minimum high school diploma or equivalent supplemented with specialized training in the electrical trades
Experience: Ideal candidates should have at least five (5) years of relevant experience as a journey-level electrician, including repair of electrical systems and equipment, and demonstrable/verifiable knowledge of electrical equipment operation (i.e. motors, transformers, motor control centers, electrical distribution systems, etc.).
Licenses & Certifications: None required
Working conditions are consistent with an industrial production facility that includes industrial hazards, stairs, platforms, elevated temperatures, cryogenic temperatures, high pressures, rotating equipment, high voltages, sensitive instrumentation, and outdoor conditions.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
LNG Electrician is expected to have knowledge of all electrical equipment to ensure the Facility is maintained according to vendor recommended schedules and code requirements.
LNG Electrician will be expected to be in good physical shape and able to climb platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles necessary to safely navigate the Facility.
The LNG Electrician must be physically able to perform the required duties which include but are not limited to: climb ladders, platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles including the LNG storage tank (Over 120 feet high) necessary to safely navigate the Facility; work in elevated and confined spaces; lifting; assist with general plant maintenance; and perform snow removal and other work in inclement weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor