Experience a community of support
Coordinator, Gas Control Room Management Compliance and Training01/22/2023 Locations Southborough-MA
- This position will provide oversight of the Control Room Management (CRM) Program to ensure compliance with Federal regulations. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing and maintaining a Gas Controller training program from initial controller qualification through continued Gas Controller training as required by Part 192.631.
- Administration and documentation of the Company’s Control Room Management Plan (CRM), including development, modification, and execution of Gas Control procedures to comply with CRM.
- Identifying and developing training programs to ensure Gas Controller qualifications are in compliance with CRM requirements and to serve as liaison to the Eversource OQ Training Department to implement continued Gas Controller training.
- Serving as the CRM Designated Risk Manager to review and ensure shift schedules and emergency coverage complies with Federally Regulated Fatigue Mitigation requirements.
- Directing the review of SCADA alarms and critical alarm summaries to ensure compliance with CRM Alarm Management requirements.
- Evaluate deviations from the CRM Plan and provide recommendations to Management to minimize deviations to ensure compliance with CRM requirements.
- May be asked infrequently to work with Gas Controllers outside of normal operating hours.
- Work with the Emergency Preparedness Manager in drill planning.
- Requires technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration, and SCADA system operations, as well as an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationship
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal codes, LNG, remote telemetering and control
- Also requires familiarity with the Company’s supply and transportation contracts, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS
- Excellent work management, prioritization skills, and ability to communicate between multiple departments and companies, ability to read and understand plans and GIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five plus years of related experience in operations/training (Familiarity with natural gas/control room management preferred)
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.