Experience a community of support
Supervisor, Gas Supply Instrumentation & Regulation03/26/2019 Locations Somerville-MA
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position: This position contributes to providing a reliable and continuous supply of natural gas to customers while ensuring the safety and well-being of customers and employees by supervising activities of Gas Supply Instrumentation and Regulation personnel in multiple geographic areas. Ensures achievement of goals and objectives consistent with the Company direction.
- Supervises area instrumentation and regulation activities consistent with Company standards and policies. Provides leadership, communication and direction for the respective area workforce.
- Responsible for standardization of work practices and procedures.
- Conducts safety and technical training programs for field personnel.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules the installation, repair and calibration of field instrumentation and regulation in accordance with state, federal and industry codes.
- Administers the Company’s natural gas odorization programs.
- Respond to any type of gas emergencies, sometimes off hours and various locations
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the area of instrumentation and regulation and a thorough understanding of I&R field operations. Also requires superior organizational project planning and communication skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years related experience.
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License
Work is performed primarily in a field environment which requires visits to job sites daily and spending time driving to different geographic locations. Job may require physical work if necessary.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Operations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor