Experience a community of support
Working Foreman-Line07/13/2022 Locations Rochester-NH
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Supervise line crew(s) involved in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of the underground and overhead electric distribution system and oversee equipment, materials, and record-keeping.
- Supervises line crew(s) involved in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of the underground and overhead electric distribution system
- Oversees equipment, materials, and record-keeping duties to include
- completion of timesheets for crew members as well as tailboard documentation.
- Trains, instructs, and mentors Line-workers to ensure that safety rules and procedures are followed
- Evaluates the performance of each crew member and initiates additional training or corrective action as may be necessary to bring performance up to standard
- Recommend promotions, demotions, and discipline through proper documentation
- Coordinates and schedules work assignments
- Conducts tailboards, and truck and trailer inspections
- Ensures all work is completed in a timely manner, on schedule, and within budget
- Provides first response coverage to off-hour emergency trouble calls and investigates, corrects, and clears trouble. In the event of high trouble call volume, ensures proper staffing has been accomplished
- Accepts standby duty responsibilities throughout the year, which consists of being available via telephone and/or pager during this duty; accepts temporary responsibility for Field Supervisor-Lines and Supervisor-Distribution Lines in the daily operation of the Area Work Center in their absence
- Works with emergency services, such as fire and police to accomplish a safe environment
- Enforces Company environmental policies and procedures on each job site
- Identifies appropriate procedural methods; and makes decisions based on analysis of information
- Works effectively with subordinates; superiors, interfacing departments, and vendors
- Analyzes operational methods and develops improved procedures as needed
- Interprets Company policies, procedures, and practices
- Performs the duties of a Line-worker I (RG 34.5)
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply electrical theory
- Complete working understanding of Company line work practices and policies is required.
- Ability to become a certified rubber glover of 34.5 kV.
- Employee weight limit for this position is 300 pounds.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the Area Work Center
- Requires mechanical aptitude, manual and finger dexterity,
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and climb and work on poles and structures.
- To qualify for the position an individual must meet the requirements associated with standby coverage, and provide such coverage
- A High School diploma or the equivalent and a combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Line-worker I (RG 34.5) is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years as a Line-worker I (RG 34.5). Supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- A Commercial Driver's license (Class A with Special Trailer Endorsement) and a safe driving record are also required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignments as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Will be required to work overtime when needed
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to the manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have an honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on-the-job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross-functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of the team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please attach a resume with your online application.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.