Experience a community of support
Lead Specialist, DMS08/31/2022 Locations New Bedford-MA; Berlin-CT; Dorchester-MA; Springfield-MA; Westwood-MA; Manchester-NH
- Manages and maintains the daily model build approval process for the Distribution Management System (DMS)
- Troubleshoots the root cause of any fatals or errors associated with the DMS model build and establishes methods and approaches for resolving including but not limited to updating emergent data correction
- Provides technical expertise in the fields of GIS model extraction, validation, and model synching of the Company’s DMS/OMS models and SCADA mapping of distribution assets to the system models
- Supports Electric Systems Operation control room’s with DMS requirements of the GIS application
- Understanding of system integrations associated with electric distribution system modeling such as GIS, Cascade, Powerbase, DERTS, AutoCAD, Arc Schematics and CIS/C2
- Knowledgeable with GIS database structure, mapping techniques, and querying spatial data
- Subject matter expert with future GIS data model revisions to maximize the performance of the GIS and DMS applications to meet operations and engineering requirements
- Ensures circuit nomenclature across Company’s service territory adheres to approved procedures within each operating company while maintaining uniqueness in the GIS database
- Coordinates with engineers on data governance within the GIS and related applications to ensure data quality for accurate DMS models consumption into the production environment
- Collects feedback from various users to identify any new enhancements or business requirements and works with IT and the business to correct
- Leads investigation, selection and reviewing of new and emerging technologies associated with the DMS and GIS datasets to keep the Company applications up to industry standards
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Thorough knowledge of as built electric data models and diagrams including GIS (Esri/ArcFM) and AutoCAD along with associated symbology; Knowlegable in DMS and maintaining as operated models; Demonstrated compteency; Symbols and terminology used in civil or electronic engineering drawings.
- GIS/Cad software: ESRI/ArcFM, AutoCAD
- Digitizing and data manipulation procedures for GIS
- Technical expertise in the use of computer software and computer systems related to AM/FM (Automated Mapping and Facility Management) GIS system development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer relations skills
- Ability to organize, plan, and efficiently multi-task in a high-volume, high productivity environment
- Requires well-rounded understanding of the technologies, principles, and processes used in the GIS/Mapping organization
- GE eterra Distribution and associated software utilized in the GIS post extraction model build process.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quantify data, and make sound decisions of goals
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree, engineering preferred, will accept the educational equivalent or equivalent work experience
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in engineering or engineering support activities.
Licenses & Certifications: None.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Problem Solving & Complexity: Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required.Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Physical Aspects: Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.