Experience a community of support
Engineer, Gas Engineering (Berlin, CT)12/13/2018 Locations Berlin-CT; Meriden-CT
Job Description Summary:
Assists in the planning, development, scheduling, and the performance of engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution, pressure regulating systems, including standard projects. Applies engineering practices as directed by other team members. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required.
- Under the direction of other engineering staff, designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Gas systems include, but are not limited to, regulator stations, telemetry, commercial worker/monitor regulator sets, uprates, distribution main projects and culvert crossings.
- Perform site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
- Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensure compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Gas Control.
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity.
Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures. Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations. Knowledge of welding and fusing principles. Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities. Familiarity with MS computer operations. Some travel required. Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years related experience for Associate level ; 5 years related experience for Staff level.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Number of Openings:2
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor