Experience a community of support
Engineer10/19/2018 Locations Manchester-NH
Job Description Summary:
This Engineering position is responsible for directly supporting the execution of Eversource's implementation plans related to System Resiliency to improve the reliability performance and operation of Eversource's electric distribution system. A major component of this is the investment in Distribution Automation (DA) and SCADA controlled equipment and other grid modernization technologies. The Engineer role will be responsible for all phases of implementation including technology review and selection; defining project budget, scope and timeline; project management and coordination of all related work groups for implementation; internal and external reporting and tracking; and stakeholder engagement. Individual will also support efforts to research and develop plans for additional resiliency opportunities including investigation and assessment of new tools and technologies relevant to improving the reliability of the electric distribution system.
- Participate in teams across three states from distribution engineering, system planning, substation engineering, telecommunications engineering, standards, system operations, field operations, IT, and other groups to ensure effective and efficient implementation of System Resiliency programs.
- Develop expertise in technologies including Distribution Automation, DSCADA, distributed generation interconnection, energy storage, microgrids, etc.
- Participate in review and assessment of technology options related to system resiliency including working with internal teams to execute competitive procurement processes.
- Work collaboratively across the organization to optimize the efforts to develop and refine system resiliency strategic plans.
- Support internal and external tracking and reporting requirements associated with system resiliency programs including reporting of metrics related to the achievement of project benefits.
- Coordination and monitoring of the activities of contract engineers who assists in the DA process.
- Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry and assess the relevance and benefit to the Company’s resiliency efforts.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Thorough understanding of electrical system and how the proposed projects help improve the system reliability including MBI and SAIDI. Background in telecommunication methods such as radio, fiber and cellular is preferred. Protection and Control experience preferred. Strong analytical and presentation skills; familiarity with distribution technologies and grid modernization technologies; strong leadership skills to work effectively with different groups throughout the organization; demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications. Ideal candidate is customer driven; displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude; accepts responsibility and holds others accountable; participates in and facilitates team effectiveness; assumes the role of a team leader; and makes sound decisions to support strategic objectives.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology is required. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry. Supervisory experience preferred.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:1
SEO Category:Engineering Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor