Experience a community of support
Energy Engineer12/30/2019 Locations Manchester-NH
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position supports technical reviews and field verification of electric and natural gas energy efficiency projects and is based in the Manchester, NH office for Eversource Energy. This position is responsible for providing technical analysis, advice, and support to customers for electric and natural gas energy efficiency projects. This position supports the development, promotion and implementation of energy efficiency programs to meet established goals.
- Participates in the development of program and implementation plans for electric and natural gas energy efficiency programs. Reviews technical parameters and confirms that the project conforms to engineering standards, energy codes and incentive program rules.
- Performs energy analysis to determine electric and natural gas energy savings.
- Provides guidance and planning to ensure that all projects yield measurable and verifiable energy savings.
- Supports and/or conducts inspections of equipment and operations in alignment with energy savings calculations and incentive program rules.
- Collaborates with third parties and customers for implementation of energy efficiency programs.
- Conducts detailed analysis of high efficiency HVAC equipment, motors, controls, lighting systems, and other equipment to determine electric and natural gas energy savings compared to baseline equipment and or building codes.
- Provides training and support services for energy efficiency team and program marketing activities.
- Supports Eversource in national energy efficiency conferences and/or stake holder events (e.g. ACEEE, ASHRAE, ACI, CEE, and state/regional R&D groups).
- Conducts the evaluation of new technologies and other research and development activities.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention-to-detail. Working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Education: Baccalaureate degree in engineering; an advanced degree in engineering, business or marketing is desirable.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience in engineering or related technical role.
Licenses & Certifications: A Engineer in Training (EIT), Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or accredited Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Professional is preferred.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:1
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor